Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lukewarm Churches

I must confess a few things. I have been under compulsion to repent for my small amount of prayer and lack of self control. God has revealed so many glorious things to me yet I still struggle with the simplest of things that bring about the greatest joy to my Master, and that is obedience.

I live in Laodecia and I am sick of it. I am sick of the world, sick of being told that you can have this and that and that, and that you can be comfortable in this world and serve Jesus. I think that is crap. God may give excess money, food, nice cars, houses, etc. but am I using it for His glory?Do I think my 10% tithes adequate? Maybe a little at Christmas, Easter, and a little to missions. Consider this.



Mat 6:19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,
Mat 6:20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Mat 6:22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,
Mat 6:23 but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
Mat 6:24 "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.




Mat 25:14 "For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.
Mat 25:15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.
Mat 25:16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more.
Mat 25:17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more.
Mat 25:18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.
Mat 25:19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
Mat 25:20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.'
Mat 25:21 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'
Mat 25:22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.'
Mat 25:23 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'
Mat 25:24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed,
Mat 25:25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.'
Mat 25:26 But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sowed and gather where I scattered no seed?
Mat 25:27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.
Mat 25:28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Mat 25:30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'




Now what does this story reveal? Let's look a little closer. We see that the Master had servants. He was clearly rich because he had multiple servants and was able to entrust much to them. Now here is the point of the story. The servants in the story didn't own anything. They were mearly stewards that were entrusted with something. Look what happens to the one who did not invest what he had, but instead hid it in the ground. He was cast into outer darkness. You see it is not mine, yours, or anyone else's but God's alone.


Psa 89:11 The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours; the world and all that is in it, you have founded them.

Are we truly desperate for God or do we pay lip service? Do we truly hunger for righteousness or do we need to repent for our hardness of heart. God is Holy and lives in unapproachable light. How can we look upon Him so casually with little concern or fear. Either we are hot or cold. If you are cold repent this side of eternity or you will be hot. If you are hot, ask God to stoke the fire and add fuel to keep it going. If you are neither hot or cold but think that christianity is having golf outings and other earthly lusts masquerading themselves as church ask yourself this. Does God really care about your golf swing? Don't you think He cares much more for the homeless, the hungry, the lost, the broken-hearted? Was it not the sick He came to find and heal. Repent!!! Cast off those things that so easily entangle us.


If you have a large bank account ask yourself this.

Mat 16:26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?


Mat 19:21 Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."
Mat 19:22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
Mat 19:23 And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."
Mat 19:25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"
Mat 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Mat 19:27 Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?"
Mat 19:28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Mat 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.
Mat 19:30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

You see the man was lacking one thing. He loved his possessions. Do you? Look into your heart and ask yourself this. What if you were asked to sell everything,or give your possession away, could you? If not, it reveals a heart condition. This is a scathing rebuke to me as well as you but it has been on my heart. The cost is how much to follow Christ?????

Everything. If Christ is truly Master, I do not possess anything, it is His, and I am dead to my will.

My body is His

My thoughts are His

My Money is His

My Car is His

My house is His

My talents are His

My family is His

My everything is His for His glory. It is no longer I, but Christ who lives within me.

May you please die today so that you might truly live. God Bless you all

jeff

P.S. Check out these link's below
http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/patrick/lukewarm.ram

http://www.baldpreachers.net/holinessisnotlegalism

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»