Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lost money found

Luke 15:8-10
8 “Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ 10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”


Jesus told many parables and teachings that are so great that it is hard to decide which one is my favorite. What I like about this is that the women left much to find little according to the worlds standards. Why would I leave 9 coins to find one. It is only 10% so why risk losing that 90% for the sake of my 10%?Was that coin better than the other 9 coins? All we are told is that she had 10 silver coins.

Let's look at in from from a heavenly perspective. Jesus had everything in the whole universe did He not, yet He left it all for the one. We are the one in that if you have been saved then you have been rejoiced over by the angels in heaven. Now, since we are apart of the bridegroom should we not show our love for Him by doing that which pleases Him greatly? If so then we will help seek and save the lost because Jesus himself said:

Matthew 10:18-20
10 “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. 11 For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?

So there we have it. If we seek to be like Jesus, we must make it an absolute priority to share the Gospel.

May God bless your day
Jeff

No comments: