Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Clay in the Potters Hand

Any of you who actually take the time to read this blog know that I was part of the group of people that converged on Atlanta, GA the 15-19th of March for EBC-9. This was part of the Great News Network which is affiliated with the Way of the Master. GNN exists to spread the Gospel and to train people how to do it. Here is my story.

Day 1

I arrived at the airport and started passing out tracts. I was supposed to meet some guys from the message board but they were delayed due to weather so I proceeded to hop the train to the hotel in downtown Atlanta. I got off the train at the wrong exit and was then re-directed back on the train to the next stop. Once I got off the train I was almost immediatley greated by a homeless man who recognized that I was lost and so he walked me to my hotel. We talked about the Gospel and when we got to the hotel I gave him some tracts and the Gospel of John. I then checked into the hotel and went to my room. I met my roommate Dennis who was an associate pastor in Maryland. We talked about my unhappiness with my church and he provided GREAT council. I thank God for him.

I went downstairs to get "officially" registered and immediatley I met Darrell who asked how I got there. I said long story short to which he said yeah right, no preacher has a short story, to which I said that I was not a preacher to which he pointed me to

Romans 10: 14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

So now that I feel incredibly small and unfit for the task I proceed to meet others. Everyone had such strong Word knowledge that I was afraid to open my mouth. I just sat amazed at what I was seeing. We had dinner and watched a video called "The Complete Christian" It asks the question what are the best ways that you worship God. (Worship,prayer,reading the Word,etc).
After you name 5 things you do he asks you to put them in order of your favorite. Once you have the answers he presents that rarely will anybody place evangelism in there yet that was what Jesus did most. Share the Good news. After the meeting we walked down the street to where a Motley Crue concert was letting out and we handed out tracts and did 1-to-1's as well as some open-air. I spoke to 5 people and while no one begged for salvation, they all went away with something to think about. After that we went back and went to bed.

Day 2
We start the day with breakfast from 7-8 and prayer from 8-9.
During prayer the Spirit was there and I had an overwhelming feeling of unworthyness. I wept from my soul because here I was chosen by God and who am I but an unfaithful sinner. I have never felt this unworthyness in all my life but it was good because it emptied me of myself and filled me up with the Spirit. This was the most intense prayer I had ever been involved in.

After prayer we all headed to the Marta which is the train and headed to Georgia Tech for a day of 1-to-1's, and open air preaching. I spent the day confronting many students taking them through the law and grace to those who would recieve it. I met people who were seeking to change the world through social programs, I spoke to the most proud athiest I ever met. I did meke him backslide though. He would not admit he was agnostic but held that he was a "weak" athiest. I spoke to many muslims that day as well as a few Christians. I gave them info and instructed them in Way of the Master. I was one of the last 3 to leave the campus and on the way to the train I felt an overwhelming sense to preach on the train. We prayed together on the walk handing out tracts to everyone we contacted. As soon as we hit the train wham, up I stood and off I went giving them a quick 2 minute Gospel message which ane of the guys stood up after me and reiterated after me. We had to switch trains, so once we got on the next train we preached again. They were a captive audience so we made the most of the opportunity. I did have a guy tell me shut-up so I know the Word went out. Praise to God.

We went back to eat and went out on the street for 1-to1's again. Spoke to a few more people and we turned in finally at around 12:30.

Day 3
We start with breakfast and then prayer. WOW!!!!!!!!! I do not care if you are the most conservitave person in the world, you were screaming Halleluia, Praise God, Yes Jesus and every other praise that could pour out of your heart and mouth. As close to heaven as I have been. After this we start down the road to Georgia State University. The first lady I ran into, I used the curved illusion trick. She was very open until I swung to the spititual and then she came unglued and threw the tract back at me and told me not to pray for her.Aftert this incident I had to take some time to pray because it just rocked me so badly. I next spoke to Rachel who was well aware of her condition but again was busy with life. I spoke to many others after that but these ones stuck out because of the situation. Anybody that wanted to open-air could at the university. I did not feel stirred to so I did not. Once we left the college we came to a park where the homeless hang out. There was a man reading the Bible so we talked to him a while whae I looked up to see John (one of our bootcampers) standing on the wall preaching. (John has been beaten in India for the Gospel so now you know the type of people I was in the company of). After he got off the wall I was just driven to go preach. (Someone said a righteous indignation). I was so mad they would not listen. They were shooting dice and playing cards so I screamed at them and preached my heart. A few were listening but I was just so angered that they could care less what we were saying. We spent the rest of the day doing tracts and 1-to1's. We did run into a possessed guy at night. Many people don't believe this is real but I tell you, if you are not prayed up don't go out. This guy was in bad shape. We started saying in the name of Jesus and the guy fell down to the ground and put his arms across his chest. It was very scary. He ended up leaving and so did we.

Day 4

Prayer oh the wonderful Prayer. Today was St. Patricks day parade and I must have handed out 3-400 tracts. I met April, Christian, and April and they learned that they needed a savior. If they do not get saved I am not white. (I am if you don't know me). At the end of the parade John and I again open-aired and after that a Christian man came over and thanked us for what we were doing. That was a big encouragement. We had a permit for one of the parks so we walked back and by this time everyone is beat. We have been on our feet everyday, all day and little sleep is being had. About 4pm I was sitting on the wall with my brothers and sisters when God told me that there was not time to rest and to get into the game. I got up and walked about 100 feet and kneled down and started playing with an acorn. I told God that I wanted to be faithful and would He please bring someone to talk to. Here they come. 3 of them. I used the curved illusion to stop them and I swung to the spiritual. I asked what you needed to do to get to heaven and immediatley the response was keep the 10 commandments. Was that easy or what. After I took em to court I offered grace and all 3 recieved the free gift of eternal life right there. God brought them, God saved them, and He let me be a part of it simply because I prayed and was obedient. Glory to God in the highest!!!!!!!!!!! That night we went out and did some tract passing and alot of open-air. I prayed for people with Aids and a guy who was a back-slidden Christian. Went to bed.

Day 5
Woke up and we had graduation. We had some worship time and then we each recieved our certificates. On our way to the airport while on the train a couple guys did open air and when we got off so did one of the passengers. It wasn't even his stop, but he needed to know more. Praise God. When I went to check my bags, I found out I could not check in because I had not arrived in time to make the flight. I rebooked and said ok God now what. You are keeping me here for a reason. In comes Charlie. As I was waiting to catch my plane I was watching a video on open air preachingf and was laughing. I had my headphones on and pretty soon everyone was laughing at me because I was laughing at the video. They wanted to watch so I played it for them for all to see and hear. Glory to God the Word is going out for all to hear whether thay realized it or not. Well Charlie was one of the spectators and soon he and I were taking the good person test. Charlie was guilty under the law and very visibly shaken. He recieved the free gift of salvation and is a new creature. He was so happy!!!!!!! Praise God. Charlie was why I was left at the airport. Anyway I missed my second flight and there was no other flights available so I rented a car. At the ticket counter I met Yevette who was a Jehovah's Witness. I gave her a Million dollar bill for her help and she said that she had a similar one. She went and got it and it was the same thing only an earlier version. We both agreed God was trying to talk to her and she should take the test and check it out. Pray for her. On the bus I met another man who immediatley was receptive to the Gospel and again I am fairly certain that he to will recieve that great free gift of salvation. I driove home and now here I sit. God was so faithful and good that no words I type could do justice to the moving of the Spirit. It truly was supernatural. God provided many Divine appointments and showed us Huge favor. All Glory and Honor to Jesus Christ.

Those of you who live around me and want to get plugged in let me know. I will be putting together a group that will go out every week and sow seeds in addition to the everyday casting.

I am a confirmed 7 day seed sower. Won't you please join me?


Matthew 9: 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”


P.S. We talked about various parts of the body and I always wondered where I fit in. I am a foot. Some people are arms, legs, etc. and I learned that without the rest of the body the foot doesn't get very far so it needs support.

P.S.S. I am a preacher after all I guess. Just an open air preacher. Glory to God

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. This is "thevibesguy" from Herb's Messageboard.

First: PRAISE THE LORD for your faithfulness in preaching the Word.

Second: Hebrews 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joint and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heard."

Third: I will pray for you, that the Lord will lead others into your path that you may be able to share the Gospel message with them as well.

Fourth: pray for me for the same. I am the evangelical leader at my church, and get many chances to share the Gospel through going door to door on Saturdays, through giving out tracts at work, and sharing one on one. I pray that the Lord would give me even more opportunity.

Your post was a blessing to read.

Rob - thevibesguy @ FP messageboard.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff. I enjoyed reading your post. (If they do not get saved I am not white. (I am if you don't know me.)Sounds like you had a tough time getting out of Atlanta. hehehe. All for the glory of God though. How exciting to be used by Him!

Tony put the video of Anthony's testimony on our website (www.seedshakers.com). That is powerful!

If we lived near you we'd gladly join you for seed sowing. But God has placed each of us where He wants us.

I pray for your safety and that God will continue to use you in a mighty way.

Love in Christ,
Shayna & Tony Denham